Early research into the efficacy of teaching Mindfulness to kids and teens points to potential for:
- Increased emotional regulation
- Increased social skills
- Increased ability to orient attention
- Increased working memory and planning and organization
- Increased self esteem
- Increased sense of calmness, relaxation, and self acceptance.
- Increased quality of sleep
- Decreased test anxiety
- Decreased ADHD behaviors- specifically hyperactivity and impulsivity
- Decreased negative affect/ emotions
- Decreased anxiety
- Decreased depression
- Fewer conduct and anger management problems
The Association for Mindfulness in Education provides a list of research studies here.